Liberty Vineyards & Winery - www.libertywinery.com
(716) 672-4520, email@example.com
2861 US Route 20, Sheridan, NY 14135
Stuffed Baked Potato Casserole
Enjoy with a glass of Liberty Vineyards Diamond wine.
- 4 large baking potatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 cups (8 oz.) shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 6 strips of bacon, cooked, drained and crumbled, divided
- 3 scallions, sliced, divided
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Scrub potatoes. Prick each potato several times with a fork.Brush with olive oil and sprinkle with 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp black pepper. Place in baking pan; bake until tender. Remove from oven and let potatoes cool enough to handle.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Whisk in the heavy whipping cream and ¼ cup of the sour cream. Add 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese; stir until melted. Remove from heat; cover to keep warm.
- Cut each potato in half lengthwise. Scoop out pulp and put in a large bowl. Cut two of the potato skinshells into small pieces; discard remaining potato skins.
- Mash the potatoes with the remaining salt and pepper. Stir in the cheese mixture, half of the bacon and 2 tablespoons of the scallions. Place mixture in a greased 1-1/2 quart baking dish. Top with the cut-up potato skins. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese and bacon.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until heated through and lightly browned. Sprinkle with remaining chopped scallions.
- Enjoy with a glass of Liberty Vineyards Diamond wine.