Liberty Vineyards & Winery - www.libertywinery.com
(716) 672-4520, email@example.com
2861 US Route 20, Sheridan, NY 14135
Chicken Tortilla Soup
Serve with Liberty Vineyards Pinot Grigio or Richter Red Wine
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil (divided)
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped mild green chilies
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 jalapeño pepper, seeded and chopped (optional)
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) fire roasted diced tomatoes with green peppers, celery and onion, undrained
- 1 can (15.5 ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (10 ounces) package frozen sweet corn
- 1 lb. chicken breast tenderloin
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 3 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon chili powder (or to taste)
- 1-1/4 teaspoon ground cumin (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper (or to taste)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Crushed tortilla chips
- Shredded Monterey Jack or Cheddar Cheese
- Sour cream
- In a large saucepan, sauté onion in 2 tablespoons of oil until soft.
- Add the chilies, garlic and jalapeño pepper. Stir in the broth, tomato sauce, tomatoes, black beans and corn. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a skillet.
- Add the chicken and sauté until no longer pink inside. Remove from pan and allow to cool. Cut chicken into 2” pieces, then use two forks to separate into shreds. Stir shredded chicken into soup.
- Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Add the cilantro, lime juice, chili powder, ground cumin, crushed red pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Top with chips, cheese and sour cream.